Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Supply Teacher's September

September.
New year
New beginnings
Apart from I can't start yet
Other than swimming, Little Owl doesn't have a weekly group that she goes to.

I'd like to change that
Maybe a gym class or ballet? Something active
I'm also thinking she is getting more and more ready to go to a play group.
She is toilet trained and quite articulate enough to make herself understood.
She craves attention and something to occupy her.
Papa Owl and I went to look at a couple of places in July but haven't settled on anywhere yet.  
Its a big decision.


But as much as I want to get on with planning, I cant.
I don't have a job.
I'm not worried about it, the phone has started to ring.  I actually have an interview tomorrow. Possibly for 3 days a week!
But right now I don't know which days I will be working, or how many.  

A play group would help my parents out with childcare but I can't arrange anything until I have a job.
I can't sign Little Owl up to any new groups until I know which days I will be working.
I am in limbo.
I know from last year it can all happen incredibly fast. I could be starting work on Monday.
Or I may not.

This job is going to involve a lot of effort on my part. 
Teaching A Level for the first time.  
It either means evenings spent working or weekends,  or Little Owl going to playgroup on one of the days I don't work.

And where to send her? 
Somewhere I can take her to myself before I start work? 
Somewhere I can walk to? 
That sounds ideal but limiting. 
Or somewhere that is easy to drive to?

So many questions. 

So many what ifs.  

Time will tell but one thing I'm sure of is that this is going to be one hell of a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...