Saturday 18 January 2014

All my bags are packed...

...I'm ready to go....
Well almost.
A few last minute things to add but 'the list' that grew so long it multiplied into many expanding lists that continued to grow, is finally shrinking and combining with the hope of being one manageable list again.
I realised earlier this week that I had been in denial about having Little Owl sat on my lap for an entire flight. 
This was partly due to the fact that I kept checking the seating plan for the flight from Frankfurt to Pune and on the row where I was placed, there were only 3 out of the 6 seats taken.
However, I remember from booking that the Frankfurt flights from Heathrow were busy and that you couldn't book your seat until check in.
So I have checked in.
The flight to Frankfurt appears half empty but I think that's because people haven't checked in yet.  They appear to be filling the seats from the front as people check in.  I moved my seat from row 9 by the window to an aisle seat at the back in the hope that there might be a spare seat back there.
But its not all so hopeful.
The Frankfurt to Pune flight has got quite busy in the last few days.  There are a few spaces available but every window seat and aisle seat has gone and the entire row I am sat on is now full.
This is not good news.
Little Owl on my lap for 8 hours.
I have seriously been in denial about this!
My lap isn't the biggest, mainly because my legs are short and my belly... well you see where I'm going with this - the tray is not going to open!
I haven't been in total denial about flying with a toddler... I have plenty of things to keep her entertained, my kindle is loaded with CBeeBies programme and there are funky Penguin earphones for Little Owl to listen with, without disturbing other passengers.  We have coloured pencils and a notepad.  A box of plasters (was recommended instead of stickers as they can be removed easier than stickers).  A few happyland characters.  Books to read, books to look at.  Aqua doodle. And a few other bits as well.
I just don't see how I'm going to juggle all of these activities with a toddler sat on my lap, let alone, eat drink pee and hopefully sleep!
But nothing I can do about it now eh?  What ever happens on the plane, its not going to last forever, just 8 hours.  I'm now pinning all my hopes on Little Owl turning on her charms, flirting with the entire plane and doing what she does best - making everyone laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...