Tuesday 7 January 2014

The Tale of Fat Billy...

Now if you've been reading my posts recently or follow me on Twitter, you will have picked up on the fact that I am an Ikea fan.  I love their furniture for being so versatile, for its ability to personalise, and that you can plan and measure and pick from the comfort of your own home. 
A week or so before Christmas a large delivery of Ikea furniture arrived, including a book case, storage units and a wardrobe for Little Owl.  I was very excited and decided that I'd put the Billy bookcase together first as we needed to rearrange the furniture in the living room for the Christmas Tree anyhow. 
I enjoy putting together flat-pack furniture - its like Lego for grown-ups so it didn't take long to make the Billy, and I then asked Papa Owl to give me a hand to stand it up and put it in place next to the other Billys.  Well this is where it turned into the Chuckle Brothers with lots of "to me to you" and ended with
"push it back"
"it is back"
"it can't be..."
Did you know that Billys come in two different depths?  I didn't!

I was truly deflated.  Just sat on the floor, speechless!

I must have looked sad because Papa Owl put on his superhero cape and turned into "International Ikea Rescue", a few days later, on the first day of the school holidays, he got up before dawn, drove to Ikea and bought a Skinny Billy!


That's so much better!

And Fat Billy?  Papa Owl bought him a couple of doors and he is now proudly standing in what was an empty alcove ready to store all our rubbish behind his closed doors, and display our treasured possessions on his shelves!
 Papa Owl is my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...