Thursday 8 August 2013

Our Living Room

We have a living room!

Those words seem so normal, and yet mean so much to us!

For the last 2 years we have been using one of the bedrooms upstairs as a living room (and dining room), it was cramped, and an awful long way from the kitchen.

Carrying a newborn and a cup of tea upstairs was manageable, but as Little Owl grew and wanted her own drink and snacks it became more difficult. If Little Owl was upstairs, I could not hear her from the kitchen meaning I could not leave her for long.

But now...
 

It is bliss!

The other morning I finished my breakfast and carried my coffee into the living room to finish... I felt like I was in a holiday home!

The first evening we had this room, I was able to leave Little Owl playing while I cooked her dinner, just popping back every now and then to see how she was doing.  I was bursting with joy!

Today a friend will be visiting with her son.  I will be able to show her into the living room, pop into the kitchen to put the kettle on, pop back to continue our conversation, only leaving to make the tea... I can't wait!



Unlike on Grand Designs, we do not have all the perfect furniture ready to move in and are making do with what we have.  The sofas are covered in throws to hide where the fabric has given way or been torn by the cats.  The room still isn't quite finished, there are curtains to make and pictures to hang but we couldn't be happier!



2 comments:

  1. Love the colour scheme and fab fireplace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - fireplace was a lucky find, but I loved it straight away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...