Friday 18 October 2013

Knitting Fridays

So here it is - the new project!  I've been excited about this for about a year, waiting for Little Owl to grow big enough to fit it!

Front of jumper
Its been a bit of a leap from knitting the Innocent hats last week! In fact, being the geeky maths teacher I am, I worked out that there was as many stitches in 2 rows of the hem in this jumper as there was in a whole Innocent hat!
Its also interesting yarn to knit with.  Note that I say yarn as it isn't wool!  Apparently its 50% Nylon and 50% Acrylic which probably explains its silky and light weight texture.  Its being knitted on 4.5mm needles (I remembered to switch for once) which means this jumper is growing much quicker than expected, especially once I had dropped from the original 192 stiches of the hem down to just 98!
I am also having fun with the pattern.  I think its Swedish but also has French, Dutch and English on the same page.  I have already noticed an error in the English pattern as it didn't match the picture and so have been doing a bit of translation from the Dutch with the help of Papa Owl.  Luckily it was only the colours we were questioning on that occasion but the pattern is written in an unusual style so wish me luck with the rest!
Its nice to be knitting without a deadline, although I'm starting to plan one for myself, two weeks for the front, two for the back, two for sleeves and another for making up... which takes me to the end of November, even the beginning of December!  Might have to put the project to a side for a bit if I want to make anything Christmassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...