Friday 25 October 2013

Knitting Fridays

My needles are empty.
This is sad.

As you know in last week's Knitting Friday, I had starting knitting a jumper for Little Owl which I had been excited about for a long time.  But the reality of the jumper wasn't matching up to the image on the pattern.  I plodded onwards but the jumper was beginning to look a bit on the large side.  I measured the length and while I was still going on the pattern of the main body, I should have started decreasing for the arms. 

My knitting was too loose.

For the first time ever, I am going to need to knit a tension square.

I'm not even sure if this is what it is called.

The idea hasn't appealed.

And neither has the thought of taking a weeks worth of knitting off of the needles.

I am a slow knitter.

I might have to knit several squares to get the tension right.

And so I haven't started.

I haven't however been totally off of the needles.

Last night my Rangers took part in The Big Knit.

Most of them had never knitted before.

Two hours is the perfect time for even a beginner to knit a very small hat.

So here is our collection.


Now back to that square...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...